Friday, February 11, 2011

COFFEE MOMENTS




I used to think that coffee is a beverage just for old people. And what I meant with old was.. well, people about my age now (ouch!). I always see my mom drinking her coffee but forbade us to have one because, according to her, it's not good for the kids.  She cannot give me a legit reason except  for  the half-truth that coffee would turn me into a nervous wreck. And I grew up thinking that coffee is bad, categorizing it to things  like cigarette or liquor. I even actually thought that coffee was the most boring (!!) drink ever.

Hubby and I wasn't born coffee lovers. The only time we have coffee in the house was when my mother-in-law or my mom would come for a visit. But my hubby and I? We'd prefer soda.  So, I don't exactly remember how we started drinking coffee, and in fact, loving it. Whenever or however it happened that it became part of our morning rituals, I really forgot. All I remember now are the nights hubby and I spend chatting with a cup/mug of coffee clasped in our hands. Somehow, coffee makes a conversation light and free-flowing. With coffee in our throats, we don't end up arguing! (grin!!). Moments like this  is worth remembering for our retirement days!  We'd both savor these memories while sipping a hot, rich cappuccino ... A love story and a cup of coffee.



photo credit

3 comments:

Global Peace Factory said...

What a great story about the difference coffee has made in your relationship! At Global Peace Factory, we also have a love for coffee and the people who enjoy it! We are also dedicated to making a difference in the world. With every cup of coffee, or every meal that we serve we donate a percentage of every sale to a local charity.

LOREN said...

Thanks for commenting in my blog! It feels good to get visited by coffee lovers and with a noble cause to help out. Good luck to your endeavor and God Bless!

Tinggay said...

Hi Loren. thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. :)

it has been a while. :)

I can definitely relate to this post. I am a coffee lover. I'm not obsessed with it, but I drink at least 4 cups a day. :)